Great dessert to take to an event!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs,
- 1 1/2 cups light or dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In large mixing bowl, blend together flour, sugar, butter and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a greased 15 x 10 x 1* inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine first 5 filling ingredients.
- 3. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- *Note, sides must be at least 1 inch high otherwise filling will overflow.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/