Pecan Sticky Buns
Who doesn't like a sticky bun!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (2 1/2 to 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- TOPPING and FILLING
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped or pitted dates, snipped (optional)
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (125º to 130ºF). Stir liquids into dry ingredients. Mix in egg and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and corn syrup until sugar dissolves. Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Arrange pecan pieces evenly in bottom of pan.
- Roll dough to 9- × 12-inches. Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine remaining brown sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle evenly on dough. Sprinkle with dates, if desired. Roll up from long side as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. Cut roll into 9 pieces; place in prepared pan, cut-side up.* Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375ºF for 35 minutes or until done. Cover with foil after 25 minutes to prevent excess browning. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Invert onto serving tray.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/