Penne with Quick Tomato Sauce and Ricotta Cheese
Great flavor with the fresh basil leaves!!
- 1 pound Penne, Mostaccioli, or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, basil and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend at low speed until tomatoes are completely puréed.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Heat to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain well. Return pasta to cooking pot, add the tomato sauce and heat over low heat until sauce is simmering and the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in Ricotta and Parmesan cheeses until evenly distributed. Divide among serving plates and top with chopped fresh basil or parsley.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/