Pecan Pralines (K.K.'s Pecan Pralines)
I found this recipe on Aurora Catering's website, I love a good pecan praline!
- 1 CUP EVAPORATED MILK
- 1 1/2 CUPS WHITE SUGAR
- 1 1/2 CUPS BROWN SUGAR (TIGHTLY PACKED)
- 1 TBS IMITATION VANILLA
- 4 TBS LIGHTLY SALTED BUTTER (1/2 STICK)
- 2 CUPS SHELLED PECAN HALVES
- Lay out a 4 or 5 foot long sheet of freezer paper shiny side up on a table, then mix the milk and both sugars in a two quart sauce pan and place over a medium low flame. Stir the mixture often to keep the sugar from burning. After the milk and sugar boil it will begin to thicken. Allow time for the mixture to become very thick then add the butter and vanilla. This will cause the mixture to become very thin and it needs to cook until it re-thickens.
- Once the pralines thicken again add the pecans, stir them in, and coat all of them with the mixture.
- Use a 2 tablespoon serving spoon to pour (or spoon) the pralines onto the freezer paper. Then allow the candy to cool to room temperature which should be around 75 degrees.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/