Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken (Copycat)
This is a MUST try mmm too good and sooo easy !
- 4 each boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- as needed Lowry's Seasoning Salt
- 6 slices BACON
- 1/4 cup regular mustard
- 1/3 cup HONEY
- 2 Tbsp MAYONNAISE
- 2 tsp Dry onion flakes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
- 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. ***Do not discard grease.***
- Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9" × 13" casserole dish or pan.
- To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
- Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken