Orange Cup Cakes
Knock, knock, ORANGE-CHA glad I didn't say banana!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange juice, water, orange peel and almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough orange juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/