Mexican Beef stir fry
- 1 pound beef stir fry strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2 jalapeño peppers*, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked Spanish rice or cooked white rice
- Cut beef steak into 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Combine oil, cumin, oregano and garlic; reserve half.
- Heat half the seasoned oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeño pepper; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and reserve.
- In same skillet, stir-fry beef strips (1/2 at a time) in remaining oil 1 to 2 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
- Serve beef mixture over lettuce.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/