Mexican Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Has a bold flavor, but not to hot!
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 can green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 ounces cheddar or monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces salsa
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Pound chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- In a bowl combine cornmeal and seasoning mix. Place egg in another bowl.
- For each roll place chili peppers, cheese strips, cilantro and crushed red pepper near edge of one pounded breast. Fold in sides, and roll, starting from the cheese/pepper side. Dip rolls in egg, then cornmeal mixture.
- Place rolls, seam side down in shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with grated cheese the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve topped with heated salsa.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/