"That's a meatball"
- 1 lbs. ground sirloin* (lean gr. beef)
- 1/2 lb ground pork (or Italian sausage meat)
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 stale roll, soaked in water and squeezed dry
- OR 1 cup Italian bread crumbs (but they won't be as soft as with the soaked bread)
- salt, pepper (1 tsp salt, about, and 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Mix all ingredients at once until completely mixed. Shape into meatballs,you can use an ice cream scoop.
- Choice your cooking method
- Saute them in a nonstick pan, covered when you first put them in and take the cover off when you turn them.
- In a rectangular pans in the oven, cooked at 400 degrees. Remember to drain the fat off of the pan. You can cook more at the same time.
- * You can use chuck (reg. ground beef), but make sure when cooking you drain the pan frequently, it has more fat.
- These freeze really well too. We do it all the time. Make them, don't put the sauce on them (you could, but it will take longer to defrost) and put them in zip lock bags.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/