Lemon Sponge Pie
This is an old recipe from the Pennsylvania Dutch
- Sugar 1 cup
- Butter, softened 1/4 cup
- Flour, A. P. 2 heaping Tbsp.
- Salt 1 pinch
- Lemon, fresh zested and squeezed 1 lemon
- Eggs, fresh, separated 2 each
- Milk, fresh 1 cup
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the flour, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks and milk; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into the pie mixture. pour the batter into a pie crust.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300F and continue to cook for 40-50 minutes or until the pie test done.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/