One of my favorite Dishes!! try substituting ground sausage for the ground beef, WOW!
- Lean ground beef 1 lbs
- Garlic, salt, pepper and basil 1/4 tsp each
- Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese 2 cups
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup
- Eggs 2 each
- Garlic, granulated 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Parsley flakes (optional) 1 Tbsp
Other ingredients needed
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 batch of hot marinara sauce
- 1 - 8" x 11-1/2" baking dish
- 4 oz ladle
- 1/4 cup measure
- Brown of beef, drain off fat, add spices, cook 1 minute, set aside for assembling.
- Mix filling together with a spoon or hand whip
- Time to assemble !!
- Place 1 ladle of sauce in the bottom of the dish, spread evenly.
- Place a layer of noodles over sauce. Place 1/3 of cheese filling over noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of beef over noodles. Pour 2 ladles of sauce over noodles. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over sauce.
- Repeat this process two more time.
- Place a layer of noodles over 3rd layer. Place 3 ladles of sauce over noodles. Spread remaining shredded cheese over sauce. Sprinkle lightly with parsley if desired.
- Wrap the lasagna 1st with clear wrap, then aluminum foil.
- Place a drip pan under dish. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F
- Remove foil and clear wrap. Let bake for 5 -10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 15- 20 minutes to firm.
- Cut 3 x5. Enjoy
- For vegetarian lasagna replace ground beef with chopped broccoli.
- Note: You may choose to cook your noodles first, that’s fine but cooking the noodles raw will work great if the sauce is hot.(and it saves time)
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/