Fire it up!! No! No! not really that hot!!
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 C. white or yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 C. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. drained stemmed and chopped jalapenos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. whole kernel corn
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, egg, oil, sugar, salt, and baking powder, add cornmeal and flour; mix well.
- Blend in red pepper Jalapenos, and corn. Place in greased pan or cast iron skillet and bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/