You can make this in a crock pot or just slowly simmer it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian link sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (14 oz) beef broth
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut in small chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 c water .
- Brown ground beef and sausage. Drain and cut sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- 2. Sauté onion , pepper and garlic until onion is soft. Add all ingredients to crock pot. Stir well and add more water if necessary to cover.
- 3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Check occasionally and add water if necessary. serve with grated parmesan if desired.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/