Hot Brown Sandwich
A hot open faced sandwich that you will be making over and over again!
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Flour, A. P. 2 Tbsp
- Milk, fresh 1 cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper pinch
- American cheese, shredded 1/4 cup
- Toast 4 slices
- Cooked Chicken or turkey, sliced 4 slices
- Mushrooms, fresh, lightly sauteed 1 cup
- Bacon strips, cooked 8 each
- Parmesan cheese, grated 4 Tbsp
- Melt butter over low heat. Blend in flour and slowly stir in milk, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until thick.
- Blend American cheese with cream sauce until the cheese melts.
- Place a piece of chicken and mushrooms on each slice of toast. Cover with 1/4 cup of sauce. Place two strips of cooked bacon on each sandwich. Sprinkle with one Tbsp of grated cheese. Place sandwich in pan under broiler until cheese melts and is golden brown.
- SERVE IMMMEDIEATELY!!!!!
- Shaved turkey or ham works great also. use about 3 oz per sandwich.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/