Anyone out there that doesn't like hushpuppies, raise your hand! That's what I thought!
- 1 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Combine mix with buttermilk and egg. Stir until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. In a deep skillet, heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to 350F
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and thoroughly cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve.
- Or use the Jesse Quick Drip for a faster and easy way!
- Go to www.fromthecheftoyou.com and click store
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/