Hot Bacon Dressing
When you are talking about flavor, this dressing has it.
- Bacon slices, diced, raw 5 slices
- Onions, yellow, fine diced 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Cornstarch 2 tsp
- Water 2 tsp
- Vinegar, white 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onions to the bacon fat cook 5 minutes until they are soft. Remove onions with slotted spoon, add to drained bacon.
- 2. Pour bacon fat into a measuring cup and add vegetable oil to equal 1/2 cup. Combine 2 tsp water to the 2 tsp of cornstarch, mix well. Add cornstarch to bacon grease.
- 3. Combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened.
- 4. Remove from heat; add bacon pieces and onions. Serve warm.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/