Honey Bun is my favorite pastry!
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (4 1/2 to 5 cups)
- 2 packages Fleischmann's® Quick-Rise Instant Yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- HONEY TOPPING
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In large bowl, combine 4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, orange peel and salt. Heat orange juice, milk and butter until hot to touch; stir into dry mixture. Mix in eggs and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth, 4-5 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each to 6- × 16-inches; cut each into sixteen 1-inch wide strips.
- Tie each strip into a knot; place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled in size, about 40 to 50 minutes. Brush with Honey Topping.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until done; cool slightly on wire racks. Brush again with Honey Topping.
- Honey Topping: Combine 1/4 cup honey, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon orange juice.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/