Homestyle Cornbread w/ Honey butter
I found this recipe in the SC Living magazine. Great taste!!
- Cornmeal, yellow 2 cups
- Kosher salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 2 Tbsp
- Baking powder 3 Tbsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Eggs 2 each
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- HONEY BUTTER
- Salted butter 4 tbsp
- Honey 6 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place a 10 to 12 inch cast-iron skillet into the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and sour cream. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combined. ( if the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk)
- Place the oil in the hot cast iron skillet to evenly coat. Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake, uncovered, until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon touch, about 20 minutes.
- Honey Butter
- Melt butter in a small pan, (do not let the butter brown). Remove from heat and stir in the honey.
- Pour over corn bread while still warm, or serve in a side dish.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/