Homemade Pizza with Crust recipe
Store bought pizzas are ok, but there's nothing like taking the time to make homemade crust and creating a fresh pizza.
- 3 cups Bread flour
- 2 Tbsp Veg oil
- 1 tsp SALT
- 1 tsp SUGAR
- 1 packet ACTIVE DRY YEAST
- 1 cup water, warm 90F
- 1-1/2 cups PIZZA SAUCE
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese ( our your choice)
- 1 choice Pre-cooked meat topping
- 1/4 tsp DRY OREGANO
- 2 tsp (optional Jalapeno juice
- Combine water, yeast salt and sugar; mix well set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Hand Method: Place flour in bowl; add yeast mixture. Mix well; mix until the dough is smooth and not sticky ( if sticky add more flour, if to dry add a little water). Drop on a clean, dry counter top, knead the dough 60 - 80 times
- Mixer Method: Place flour in bowl; add yeast mixture. Using a dough hook, mix until the dough is smooth and not sticky ( if sticky add more flour, if to dry add a little water). Knead the dough about 5 minutes or until elastic texture.
- Form the dough into a ball. Place the dough in a bowl with a thin coasting of oil on the inside; loosely cover with clear wrap or a dish towel. Place on the center of the oven top or someplace that is warm. Let the dough double in size. Push down the doubled dough, remake it into a ball and let it rest 10 minutes in a warm area.
- Roll the dough out until it is large enough for the pizza pan. Poke holes in the dough.
- Top with sauce cheese a