Fried Wontons (Cheese)
This is a great dish side dish with a oriental meal, for brunch and makes a great food for a reception. Please check out the video "Fried Wontons"
- 2 oz CREAM CHEESE
- 1/4 cup Sparp cheddar cheese
- 2 dashes SOY SAUCE
- 2 pinches GROUND RED PEPPER
- 10-15 ea wonton sheets, 2' x 2'
- Heat oil in frying pan to 375F
- Blend cream cheese and cheddar cheese; add soy sauce and red pepper.
- Lay the wontons out on the counter; place about 1/2 tsp on each sheet. Wet all 4 sides of the wonton sheet. Fold into a triangles; seal tightly, keeping the edges lined up. ( I like to take the side of my finger and push in the center of the long side of the wonton)
- Fry for 30 seconds; turning after 20 seconds. You are looking for a golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. You can cook about 5 at a time)
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/