Ham and Potato Soup
This soup with warm you all the way to the bone. This soup is my wife's favorite. Please check out the cooking video (Ham and Potato soup)
- 3 cups MILK
- 3 cups CHICKEN BROTH
- 4 large potatoes, large, 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tbsp BUTTER
- 1/4 cup FLOUR
- 1 lb smoked cured ham, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small Onion, diced
- dash PEPPER
- In a 2 quart sauce pan; sweat onions in butter, for 2-3 minutes. Add ham and sweat for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes and sweat for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over potatoes, mix well. Add milk and chicken broth, stir well. Add a couple pinches of black pepper.
- Bring the soup to just below a boil; stir well; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour check the potatoes for doneness, bring back to just below a boil. Remove from heat.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/