Grilled herb Pork Chops with Pineapple sauce
A tangy salsa on a grilled pork chop WOW!
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- To prepare salsa, in a medium bowl combine pineapple, red pepper, onion, lime juice, 1 teaspoon chili powder, jalapeño pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cumin and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. In a small bowl combine 2 teaspoons chili powder, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil.
- Rub the mixture all over the chops. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chops for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on both sides, and chops are just done. Serve chops with the salsa.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/