Grilled Glazed Ham
I use the grill for this recipe to free up my oven and that great flavor the grill adds to the ham.
- 1 4-6 lb Smoked Ham (Shoulder picnic, Ham shank or Ham Butt)
- 1/2 cup ORANGE JUICE
- 1/2 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 1 tsp CINNAMON
- 1/2 tsp CRUSHED RED PEPPER
- 1/2 cup HONEY
- We will be using a large piece of aluminum foil to wrap the ham.
- Place ham in a baking pan with a large piece of foil, used a rack or a couple balls of foil to keep ham off bottom. Score ham fat if desire, not cutting into the meat.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and red pepper set aside for use in step
- Pour O.J over the complete ham.
- Squeeze honey to the back side of ham, place brown sugar mixture on the honey, press lightly.
- Bring foil together over ham, close up ends, don’t press foil onto the ham.
- Place on a 300°F to 325°F grill for 2 hours, leave closed. After 2 hours, open foil and cook for 45-50 minutes, allowing the ham to brown slightly
- I used a 4 lb ham, if the ham is larger you may want to add about another 30-45 minutes to the covered time.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/