Sweet ‘n Tangy Bacon-wrapped Lit’l Smokies
- 1 lb Bacon, cut in thirds
- 1 lb Lit'l Smokies
- 1 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 3 Tbsp (Dijon or classic yellow work equally as well)
- 3/4 tsp GROUND CAYENNE PEPPER
- **Tip: Freezing the bacon makes it easy to cut neatly into thirds.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll each lil smokie into a piece of bacon. Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix 3/4 cup brown sugar, mustard and cayenne thoroughly. Drizzle this mustard mixture over the smokies, Then sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn heat up to 400F for about 5-10 more minutes until bacon is done.
- **Keep an eye on them and don’t overcook or the glaze could scorch. You could also turn the broiler on and do them a couple of minutes under it to finish the bacon tops.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving. If you want to serve as hor d’oeuvres – just stick a toothpick in it and serve ---just watch them disappear!