Green Chile and Cheese Cornbread
Cornbread with a little heat!!!!
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) creamed corn
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 6 green onions, white and pale green parts only, chopped
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 roasted poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and diced or 1 can (7 ounces) diced roasted green chiles
- Adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the corn, sour cream, and oil. Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and cumin, if using. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the green onions, cheese, and chiles. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake until golden brown, 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 12 squares and serve warm.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/