This is high class french toast, but the common folks can eat it too!
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Big Chief brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon Big Chief brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- Beat egg whites with whisk in large bowl until frothy. Add milk, extract, 2 tablespoons Big Chief brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture. Place bread in skillet and cook each side 2-3 minutes until browned. If necessary, spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and continue to cook all remaining slices of bread.
- Top each toasted slice with banana slices, sprinkle with the remaining Big Chief brown sugar and serve.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/