French Toast Puffs
This is a great family fun recipe. The whole family can get in the kitchen and work on this project together. If you have never had French Toast Puffs before, the best way to describe them are ( French toast elephant ears )
- Eggs, fresh 2 ea
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Salt Pinch
- Vanilla 1/2 tsp.
- Milk, fresh 1-3/4 cup
- Flour 3 cups
- Baking powder 1 Tbsp., 1 tsp.
- Bread, white 12 slices
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, milk, mix well.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Cut bread in half diagonally, dip half slices of bread in batter. Drain excess just before adding to fryer.
- Fry pan with at least 1-1/2 inches of hot shortening
- ( medium heat setting is good, you want your shortening
- hot, but not to hot.)
- Fry until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/