Fresh (homemade) Pasta
Give this recipe a try!
- Flour, A.P. 2 cups
- Eggs, fresh 2 each
- Olive oil 2 Tbsp.
- Water, cold 4 Tbsp.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Mixer method: Place ingredients in mixer, using the dough hook or kneading attachment, mix at medium speed for 10 minutes. The dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl, if it is sticking, stop the machine and loosen from the sides, a couple drops of flour may need to be added. The dough will start to have a dull shine.
- Hand Mixing Method: On a very clean and dry counter top or large wooden cutting board, place the 2 cups of flour in a pile. Make a large whole (valley) in the center of the flour. Place the cracked eggs , oil, water and salt in the center of the valley. Using your fingers work a small amount of flour into the wet mixture, you will be creating a ball of dough in about 2 minutes. With a small amount of flour on the bench, knead the dough for about 100 knead strocks, using a forward push with your palms. The dough will start to have a dull shine.
- After the dough mixes for 10 minutes or kneaded, shape into a round ball. Place a dough ball in a bowl with a small amount of olive oil on the bottom. Place a damp cloth over the dough, let stand 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a flour counter, dust lightly with flour. Roll dough very thin. Dust with a very little flour under the dough if the dough sticks to counter. You can use a pasta machine and cut the dough into your desired shapes. By hand using a pizza cutter, cut into 3/8 to ½ inch strips, cut strips 6-8 inches long. Let dry for 20 minutes.
- Bring ½ gallons of water to a rolling boil, add salt and oil. Place pasta in water, cook about 1-2 minutes or until the tenderness you desire. Drain in a strainer, rinse with hot water, serve immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/