A sweet sauce with a small bite of heat!
- Butter 1/4 cup (1/2 stick)
- Celery, fine diced 1/4 cup
- Onions, fine diced 1/4 cup
- Crushed red pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Sugar, granulated 1 cups
- Vinegar, white 2 Tbsp
- Pineapple juice 1/2 cups
- Ketchup 2 Tbsp
- Pineapple juice 1/2 cup
- Cornstarch 2-1/2 Tbsp
- Saute onions and celery in butter until translucent.
- Add to vegetables, boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch into the pineapple juice. Stir into hot liquid. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Note: Will hold in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/