What a great product to make, using a Jesse Quick Drop Hush Puppy Dispenser!
- Self-rising corn meal mix 1-1/4 cup
- AP Flour 1-1/4 cup
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper ½ tsp
- Eggs, beaten 2 each
- Milk, fresh ¾ cup
- Butter, melted ¼ cup
- Corn, frozen, thawed 1 cup
- Combine cornmeal, flour sugar, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Combine milk and beaten eggs. Add to dry mix.
- Add corn and butter, mix well. Let stand 10 minutes, stir again and fry.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Drop fritters with “A Jesse Quick Drop Hushpuppy dispenser” or with a tablespoon. Fry to a golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Can be sprinkled lightly with a Cajun seasoning, salt or with powdered sugar.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/