This always a popular item at any party!
- Butter, softened 1 cup
- Cream cheese, softened 6 oz
- Flour, A.P. 2 cups
- Bacon, cooked or sausage cooked 8 oz
- Swiss cheese 1 cup
- Eggs, fresh, beaten 4 each
- Milk, fresh 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; add flour and form into a ball. Wrap in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes or longer. Make mini pie shells by shaping dough into 1-inch balls and pressing it into the bottom and sides of 1-1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In each miniature shell place 1/2 tsp chopped bacon and 1/2 tsp of cheese. Combine the eggs with milk and nutmeg; fill cups 3/4 full. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note The quiche will be puffed up when they cook in the oven. They will settle down flat across the top, as they cool.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/