Classic Caesar Salad
This is the real McCoy!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups French bread, cubed
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 coddled eggs - see how to coddle eggs below
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fry bread cubes in some of the olive oil, as needed. Toss until crispy and golden. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- 2. Crush the garlic cloves and salt into a paste in a large wooden salad bowl, using the back of a wooden salad serving spoon.
- 3. Add the anchovies and do the same. Add the Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, lemon juice and pepper. Whisk in the remaining oil until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and whisk again until combined.
- Add the shredded lettuce and toss thoroughly.
- 5. Add the coddled eggs and toss until the lettuce is coated with the egg. Top with shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/