CINCINNATI STYLE 5 WAY CHILI
I found this recipe, you have to give it a try!
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chile powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole Italian tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 pound spaghetti, uncooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped onion (for serving)
- Combine chile powder, cumin, oregano, dry mustard, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy pot, heat olive oil until it begins to sizzle. Stir in
- onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper, salt and ground spice mixture and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add ground beef and stir. Brown the beef, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice and crush tomatoes while stirring in.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the liquid from beans with the bouillon cubes; set beans aside. Cook until cubes dissolve; add this mixture to the chili pot. Taste and add additional seasoning, if necessary.
- Simmer chili at least 2 hours over medium-low heat, uncovered, adding water as necessary.
- Refrigerate chili overnight to allow flavors to fully meld.
WHEN READY TO SERVE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Cook spaghetti following package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Gently reheat chili over low heat. Stir in reserved kidney beans and heat through.
- Serve chili over spaghetti, topped with additional chopped onion and shredded cheddar cheese.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/