Cinnamon French Toast with Bananas & Almonds
One banana, two bananas, you'll love this one!
- 12 large California Fresh Eggs
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 24 slices sourdough French bread (3/4-1" thick)
- 12 large bananas
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until light and frothy. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on greased baking pan. Pour any leftover mixture over bread slices; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, sauté bread in margarine on griddle until light brown and crispy. Slice bananas over top, sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with chopped almonds.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/