Chocolate Icebox Pie
This filling is a rich pudding!
- 2 1/2 cups milk , separated
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream (I use Cool Whip)
- chocolate curls or chocolate shavings
- In medium saucepan, combine 2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa, and butter.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cornstarch and water until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add cornstarch mixture to mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Add marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto filling.
- (This prevents the formation of a tough, dry"skin" while cooling).
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
- ~NOTE~to make chocolate curls, shave from a chocolate candy bar using a potato peeler.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/