Chicken Wonton Soup
A good fresh flavored soup with a sausage & cheese wonton!
- Water 3 cups
- Chicken thigh, boneless 1 each
- Chicken base 1/2-3/4 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Green onion, sliced into rings 1 each
- Making the wontons
- Wonton wrappers 10 each
- Cream cheese, softened 1 oz
- Ground sausage, hot 1 oz
- Cheddar cheese 1/2 oz
- Ground red pepper 2 pinches
- Bring water to a boil, add base and pepper, stir well. Add chicken thigh and simmer until done.
- Place a small scoop of mixture in the middle of each wrapper, about the size of a large marble.
- Fold the wonton by, wetting the outer edge of the wrapper. Fold into a triangle, press wrapper to seal, let air escape for one side. With your finger, push the center of the folded side in slightly. Bring the 2 triangle ends under the center and seal together.
- Remove chicken, dice chicken and set aside for 10 minutes. let broth simmer to reduce for 10 minutes.