Chicken Rice Soup
Great Cold Weather Dish
- Chicken, whole or quarters 1 whole, 4 qts
- Water 1 gal
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Chicken base 2 tbsp or to taste
- Rice, parboiled 2 cups
- Wash chicken place in water with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, remove from bone.
- ( use a good chicken base, Sams Clubs carries Tones chicken base, best on the market. If you use bouillon cubes reduce the amount of salt on the recipe)
- Add the chicken base to the hot broth, bring to a boil, add the rice, stir well, bring back to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover with a tight fitting lid; let stand 30-45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Note: The longer the pot stays on the heat, the more water the rice will absorb.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/