Simple and delightful!
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup diced chicken
- 1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon diced canned jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 dash salt
- Toppings: Sour cream
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Put one tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan, then spread cheese and cut up chicken strips in the center of the tortilla, leaving about an inch all the way around the edges.
- Sprinkle the tomato, onion, and jalapeno over the chicken and cheese.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and a dash of salt over the tortillas.
- Top off the quesadillas with the remaining tortilla, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
- When the bottom tortilla has browned, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, flip the quesadillas over and grill the other side for the same amount of time.
- 7. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, and, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the quesadilla three times through the middle like a pizza, creating 6 equal slices.
- 8. Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on the side.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/