chicken Fried Steak
Serve this with a white sauce or a cheese sauce!
- 1 1/2 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 lbs round steaks , cut 1/2 thick in 8 serving pieces (if you don't want to pound the meat yourself, have the butcher run it through the tenderizer at the store)
- 1/2 to taste vegetable oil , for frying
- In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, seasoned salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Place flour in separate shallow bowl.
- Pound meat with meat mallet to ¼” thickness.
- Coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip into egg mixture, then again into flour, coating evenly.
- Heat about 1/8” oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add meat and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/