Fun to make!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white with 1 tablespoon water, lightly beaten
- Poppy seed, sesame seed or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water and milk until very warm (120 to 130ºF); stir into dry ingredients. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each to 14-inch rope; fold each rope in half and pinch ends to seal. Twist each rope two to three times. Place on large greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 20 to 40 minutes.
- Brush with egg white mixture. Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired. Bake at 400ºF for 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/