Yam! Yam! Yam! I love me some yams!
- Sweet potatoes, fresh, peeled, cut ½ inches thick 2 lbs
- Water 1-1/2 cup
- Butter 4 Tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp.
- Allspice 1/2 tsp.
- Raisins ½ cup
- Orange slices 1 orange
- Pineapples , tidbits or chunks,drained 2 cups
- In a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish place cut sweet potatoes.
- Mix together water, butter, sugars and spices, add oranges if using at this time. Pour mixer over sweet potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove from oven add raisins and pineapple chunks, re-cover tightly and bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Let stand for 10-15 minutes
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/