Spice up dinner with some cajun rice!
- Onions, diced 1/2 cup
- Peppers, green, diced 1/2 cup
- Butter 3 Tbsp
- Cajun spice 1/2 tsp
- Granulated garlic 1/2 tsp
- Liquid smoke 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Ground red pepper 1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1/4 tsp
- Chicken or beef base 1 tsp
- Rice, parboiled, raw 1 cup
- Water 2 cups
- Saute onions and peppers in butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add spices to sautéed onions and pepper. Cook about one minute.
- Cut sausage into ½ inch slices, add to onion & spice mixture. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice to mixture; stir well for 2-3 minutes. Add water, bring to a boil; stir; place on a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Let cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Holds well, make ahead and reheat.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/