Add a little pineapple tidbits if you'd like!
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, thin sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt to taste
- Layer cabbage, onions, and sugar in large bowl.
- Heat oil, vinegar, mustard and celery seed and salt. Pour over Cabbage and sugar mixture.
- Marinate 3 to 4 hours in refrigerator. Keeps for long time in refrigerator.
- If desired you can also add green pepper and carrots.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/