- 1 1/2 pounds (3-3 1/2 cups) mixed nuts, or choose a favorite
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar and salt, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the nuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter mixture foams and sticks to the nuts. Continue cooking and gently stirring for about 2 more minutes, but don't let the butter burn.
- Transfer the nuts to sheets of wax paper or foil, leaving any excess butter behind. Cool, break apart, and serve. (And watch your candied nuts disappear.)
- Add a few macadamia nuts and/or pine nuts to the mix for a more exotic flair.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/