Braised Round Steak with Vidalia Onions
This Round steak has a great flavor with a slice of sauteed Vidalia onion on top.
- Vidalia onion, 4 slices
- (peeled, sliced 1/4 -1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Round steak, fresh or thawed, 1-1/4 lb 1 package
- Flour, A.P. 1/4 cup
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic 1/8 tsp each
- Nutmeg, ground 1/4 tsp
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic 1/4 tsp each
- Red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes in puree 1 cup
- Beef base 1 tsp
- Water 1-1/2 cups
- In a dutch oven or pan with a tight fitting lid. (Follow instructions of pan being used) Heat pan to medium, add about 1 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle a light coating of salt & pepper on Vidalia onions and brown in oil. Remove from pan, set on plate.
- Place the remaining oil in the pan, Combine the flour, salt, pepper and garlic together. Dredge the steaks, place in the hot oil browned both sides.
- In a 1 qt container or bowl combine the nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, tomatoes, beef base and water, mix well. Sprinkle the remaining flour over the steaks and stir in until moistened. Add the liquid to the pan. Lift the steaks to allow some of the liquid to go under the steaks.
- Place the sauteed Vidalia onions slices on top of the steak.
- Place lid on pan, bake in the oven for 1 hour or on top of the stove, on low for 1 hour.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/