I like fresh blueberries in just about anything!
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin (1/4 ounce)
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Place the water in a medium saucepan and sprinkle in the gelatin. Set the pan over medium-low heat and stir gently until the gelatin has dissolved.
- 2. Using a large spoon, stir in the blueberries, ginger, sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Raise the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover the pan, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
- 3. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cold.
- Can be used to top cakes pies, pancakes, ice cream, etc.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/