Black bean Chili with rice
Quick and easy dish!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups vegetable or tomato juice
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook beef in 2-3 quart sauce pan over medium heat, stirring to crumble.
- Add all ingredients except rice. Bring to boil; simmer uncovered 20-25 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over hot rice with chips on side.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/