Beef Roast w/ Green Beans & Onions
Great roast for Sunday dinner or for the holiday!
- Round tip roast 4 lbs
- Garlic cloves, minced 3 each
- Cracked black pepper 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Beef Gravy 1- 12 oz jar
- Worcestershire sauce 1/4 tsp
- Bacon, cut 1 inch 4 slices
- Onions, cut into ½ inch wedges 2 large
- Red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar, packed 1 Tbsp
- Green beans, frozen, cooked, warm 1 (16 oz) pkg
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine garlic and pepper; press evenly into surface of beef roast. Roast in 325°F oven 2 hours for medium rare.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon. Pour off all but 2 Tbsp drippings. Add onions; cook over medium-high heat 35 to 40 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Add beans and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove rack from pan; stir in gravy, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly. Carve roast. Serve with sauce and vegetables.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/