Beef Pot Pie
This dish will warm you to the bone!
- Beef for Stir Fry 1 lb
- Oil 2 Tbsp
- Garlic, granulated 1 tsp
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water 1 cups
- Onions, fresh, yellow or white, ½ “ diced 1 medium
- Potatoes, peeled, ½ inched diced 2 medium
- Carrots, fresh, ½ inch diced 1 cup (1 medium)
- Celery, fresh, ½ inch diced 1 cup ( 1 stalk)
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Salt & pepper To taste
- Water, hot 1-1/2 cups
- Peas, frozen 1 cup
- Flour, A.P. 1/4 cup
- Water, Cold 3/4 cup
- Saute beef in a medium stock pot, season beef with salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, stir well to loosen food particles on the bottom of pan.. Place lid on pot , reduce heat to a med-simmer.
- In a 3 qt sauce pan; melt butter, sweat vegetables (do not brown), seasoning with salt & pepper, cook for 5 - 10 minutes, Add water, cover reduce heat and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- While the beef and potatoes are cooking, prepare the pie crus