Beef & Bacon Soup
It's got bacon, it's gotta be good!
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 28 ounces canned whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces canned pinto beans, undrained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove to paper towels with slotted spoon. Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- In drippings, brown ground beef with onion and green pepper; drain. Add reserved bacon and remaining ingredients except optional toppings; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top as desired, and serve with additional picante sauce.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/